We all want our sites to be indexed by search engine robots to provide more visitors and links. Here are some Google indexing tips that might just raise your chances of being indexed,
- Launch the site: First things first: before you will be indexed, you will need a site to be indexed in the first place. Therefore, you should produce the initial content, and launch the site. We usually post five initial pages before a launch, but more could probably work. Make sure though that your content is already optimized and rich in keywords from the very beginning, because it could take you up to months to get your SERPs updated after you were indexed the first time.
Estimated time frame: 1 to N hours
- Get Google Webmaster Tools: Though there is no proof that getting Google Webmaster Tools (GWMT) will actually help you get indexed faster or not, the whole process only takes a small amount of time. It is a win-win situation for you, because you can get a lot of valuable information by having GWMT.
Estimated time frame: 2 to 10 minutes
- Generate an XML Sitemap: This is a crucial step for all who are aspiring to be indexed by Google. Generate an XML sitemap for every site you build. If you are using WP, then download the XML Sitemap Generator plugin to automatically generate your page map. XML Sitemap Generator plugin will also update your map everytime you change something, and automatically submits it to search engines such as Google, Ask, Yahoo, and Bing, making their search engine robots and crawlers visit your site after each change.
Estimated time frame: 3 to 20 minutes
- Circulate a press release: This will give you publicity and valuable backlinks. We consider press releases as the most valuable marketing tool in present era, since you will be able to release information in a wide scope. However, for a press release to be successful, you have to make sure that it is well written, and all the pertinent information is present. If you don’t .have previous writing experience, then we would suggest to Google “press release writing tips” so you will get a great idea unto how to create great content and optimize your release.
Estimated time frame: 3 to 4 hours
- Do the basics: learn to Digg, stumble, and ping. You should dig, stumble, and ping your main page, one of your other pages (don’t dig more than one article at once. Make sure that you give ample time in between pinging and digging your articles. It should be one ping and ding per day), and your published press release. Your press release should have an active link, since some sites allow active links that are present in press releases. Sending Google a press release with your active link will increase your chances of being indexed.
Estimated time frame: 5 to 20 minutes
- Check your site in Whois/Info Sites: This is a very helpful trick that we have been using for a while. You will have to visit Whois or Info sites, such as (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=yourdomain.com) and insert your domain name. It would be nice if you could have about 20 or more Whois/Info sites to check your domain daily. You can access more Whois/Info sites on this link: (http://imaxhd.com/whoissites.txt). Just replace yourdomain.com with your domain name, and you’re done.
Estimated time frame: 3 to 10 minutes
For better results, you could also post your website on Craigslist. Write any post on any category, and be sure that it has an active link to your site. Craigslist gets lot of visitors, and Google follows the crawlers and indexes the sites. However, your post should be related to your site at one point, so that when it is indexed, you are still on the right track. Post in less popular categories too to avoid your post getting flagged and removed. This could take you only 5 to 20 minutes of your time to set up a post in Craigslist.
If you follow these steps, then there is a high probability that your site will be indexed by Google. After launching a site, set up Google Alerts (google.com/alerts) with your site’s address and main keywords. At least you will get an email the moment something happens on Google with regards to your site. With these tips, you’ll surely get your site indexed on Google. Best of luck!